Give a brief overview of your background / experience
Shane Williamson has worked in both of the information technology and mobile industries in various technical, marketing, strategy and management roles.
Shane's extensive experience has included roles within the South Pacific and South East Asian regions, working for companies such as Microsoft, 3 Australia and Optus.
Throughout Shane's career he has been involved in various aspects of the digital realm such as:
- Mentoring Australian mobile industry start-up companies
- Launching Australia‰Ûªs first multi-award winning 3G mobile application LOC3 with development partner MapShed.
- Implementing one of Australia first interactive TV trials utilising Microsoft's WebTV service.
- Chairing the Digital TV Interoperability Standards Board
- Co-founding the Sydney chapter of Mobile Monday.
- Technical lead for one of the largest software launches in Australian history, Microsoft's Windows 95