Founder - Dealsta Board & ThreatMetrix, Advisor - Startmate, Bugherd, Encassa
Give a brief overview of your background / experience
Serial entrepreneur, experienced Seed and Series-A CEO/CTO, focussed on IP, innovation, commercialization & business model of technology, early stage funding, growth and preparedness for acquisition. Have personally raised over $7m and involved in raising over US$20m.
- Founded EmuTech, raised angel, sold to Surfcontrol returning over 800% in 12 months to investors.
- Managed email engineering and globalization at Surfcontrol (now WebSense). Became VP Research
- Founded SpamMatters to help Australian Gov (ACMA) fight spammers. Product still used today. Tried to sell SpamMatters to other governments - failed (insufficient political will) so 'pivoted' into ThreatMetrix.
- As CEO of ThreatMetrix, redefined product to SaaS based fraud protection, raised Venture Capital, established US HQ and recruited seasoned US-based CEO who previously IPOed.
- ThreatMetrix now has over 400 customers in Ecommerce and Banking and is a Gartner Visionary company.
- StartMate Mentor in first group
- Founded Dealsta to build a So-Lo-Mo (social, local, mobile) startup initially focussing on Australian retail.
- Currently Advisor to Encassa and Bugherd.